Guest Speaker: Glen Tjostheim, Senior Planner, Land Use Secretariat, Government of Alberta
The Government of Alberta has posted an online workbook available at http://www.landuse.alberta.ca for you to share your feedback on the South Saskatchewan Regional Advisory Council’s (RAC’s) advice on developing a regional plan for southern Alberta. We encourage you to participate in phase 2 of the regional planning process. The workbook will be available until December 19, 2011. Glen will present an update on:
The South Saskatchewan Regional Plan
addresses the following areas:
• water – develop options for improving source water protection and other means to protect watershed integrity;
• economic development – examine how the region should develop, aiming for the long-term success of the agriculture, energy, forestry, tourism industries and other economic opportunities;
• conservation – identify, conserve and restore landscapes valued for their water security, ecological function and biodiversity, considering development implications;
• recreation and tourism management – improve management of recreation use on public lands, identify locations of lands with high value for recreation and tourism; and,
• human development – examine development needs and healthy community objectives and consider the impacts to aboriginal communities.
The Council of Canadians – Calgary Chapter
Monthly Meeting – Tuesday, June 21, 2011
7:30 – 9:30p.m. Unitarian Church – 1703 – 1st Street N.W.
Doors open at 7. Members and Guests Welcome
(This free event is open to the public. Donations gratefully accepted.)
Ted Woynillowicz email@example.com 403 286 9283
Mel Teghtmeyer firstname.lastname@example.org 403 295 8123